The other day I found myself singing “I Only Wanna Be With You.” I couldn’t remember what year that song came out, and for whatever reason it seemed really important to look it up. Turns out, the song was popular in 1989. I was in junior high. That got me thinking about other songs that were popular that same year, and hence, this playlist was born.
- I Only Wanna Be With You – Samantha Fox
- Forever Your Girl – Paula Abdul
- Once Bitten, Twice Shy – Great White
- Love Shack – The B52’s
- She Wants to Dance With Me – Rick Astley
- Don’t Rush Me – Taylor Dayne
- Lovesong – The Cure
- In Your Room – The Bangles
- Walk on Water – Eddie Money
- If I Could Turn Back Time – Cher
- The Promise – When In Rome
- Surrender to Me – Ann Wilson & Robin Zander
This will get you through a 45 minute workout, including a little cooldown. Happy exercising!